Advent Devotional Writing Workshop
We are looking for members and friends of United Parish to put together a short devotional that will be compiled for the 2017 Advent season. Come to the advent writing workshop on October 15 to get a jump start on your devotional. If you can't make it to the workshop you may still submit a devotional.
Devotional writings need to be submitted to email@example.com by November 5.
Ingredients for a great devotional:
1. Consider an advent theme:
2. Choose a short passage of scripture. Suggestions from the Advent lectionary include:
Week 1: Isaiah 64:1-9 and Mark13:24-37
Week 2: Isaiah 40:1-11, Mark 1:1-8
Week 3: Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11; John 1:6-8, 19-28
Week 4: Luke 1:26-38
3. Write a short reflection, tell a story about your life that relates to the scripture. Aim for 250-500 words (2-4 paragraphs).
4. Write a short prayer (1-2 sentences).
5. Include your name or indicate if you would like your submission to be kept anonymous.
For iCal compatible calendars